I already have a recipe for sugar cookies from my good friend Betty Crocker and they make the most wonderful thing sugar cookies but I wanted a something different since these cookies would end up quite thick so I started my quest to find good recipe. I found one and here is what I did.
Thick Rolled Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups butter (softened)
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
All my ingredients here. I diced the butter to soften it faster.
In a large mixing bowl cream all the sugar and the butter together
(I used the whisk attachment to my mixer)
Beat in eggs and vanilla adding only one egg at the time
(I used the paddle attachment)
Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt.
(I started with the paddle attachment but then switched to the bread hook attachment)
(Sorry for the missing picture)
I then transfered it into a smaller bowl
And refrigerated it for an hour
( I had no place in my fridge so I used the next best thing... Winter!
The picture is horrible but snow is not very photogenic at this angle...)
After having refrigerated at least an hour but less that 24 hours I pulled out my rolling pin, mat cookie cutters and extra flour
Next put the cookies on a parchment paper covered pan and stick in the oven 6-8 minutes until slightly brown
I made many large cookies and froze about two smallish logs
These smell buttery when you take them out of the oven but don't taste that much like butter. They were great and easy to make. In my next post I will decorate them. with Royal icing but if you're making these with children you can pull out the sprinkles and let them decorate them before baking.
No comments:
Post a Comment