Monday, March 4, 2013

Royal Icing

Share it Please

 Now it is time to do one of the easiest recipe I have ever done. We will be doing a thinned out version because we will be flooding the cookies. I decided to be lazy so I did it a tab bit thicker so I could do the contouring and the flooding in one go.

Ingredients
2 eggs white
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 cups confectioners sugar

Have your ingredients ready
I used pasteurized egg whites because I didn't feel like wasting the egg yolk
Next shift your sugar
While shifting your sugar you can whisk your egg whites  and lemon juice untill bubles form
Slowly add the powdered sugar
Add lemon juice/ powdered sugar untill right consistency. It must take around 20 seconds to come back together from the time you 'cut' through it

I then seperated it into two colours  one for the cookies the other for the detailing
I put them in baggies so it would be eaiser to put in the piping  tubes
 To ice the cookies I circled the icing around the borders and the middle in. You can use a toothpick to smooth the icing
I left it to dry for an hour and then added the white detailing. I  a paintbrush dipped in water to add texture. Here are the final  you see where I started to get lazy/tired and made simple designs



No comments:

Followers

Blogroll

Follow The Author